Mushroom Ragout with Tallegio Dijon Polenta
I quartered the swiss browns, but the others I just cut into large random shapes. You want them to be extra chunky as they will shrink down while cooking.
Once they cook down a bit, add garlic and butter and cook for a few more minutes, then deglaze the pan with some red wine. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, then remove from heat.
For the polenta, first saute the onion and garlic in olive oil. Deglaze with white wine, let cook down, then add your veg stock. Bring to a simmer, then slowly whisk in polenta. Keep whisking so that no clumps form, cooking on medium for just a few minutes. At the last minute add your tellegio and dijon mustard, and taste for seasoning( I added quite a bit of black pepper).
Add some polenta to a bowl and top with your mushrooms. You could also top with chopped parsley, chives, or some toasted pinenuts.
Here’s the Recipe:
Mushroom Ragout with Dijon Tallegio Polenta
- 300-400g Mixed Mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbl Olive Oil(plus butter if desired)
- 2 Garlic Clove, chopped
- 3/4 Cup Red Wine
- Salt and Pepper
- For Polenta:
- 1 Cup Polenta
- 1/2 Onion, finely diced
- 1 Clove Garlic, finely chopped
- 3 1/2-4 Cups Vegetable Stock
- 3 Tbl Taleggio
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- Chop mushrooms, then add to hot pan with olive oil. Cook until golden.
- Turn heat to medium, and add garlic and butter(if using). Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with wine and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Taste for seasoning.
- For Polenta, finely chop onion and garlic and add to a medium hot pan with olive oil.
- Cook until soft. Add white wine. Next add vegetable stock and bring to a simmer.
- Whisk in polenta and keep whisking so no lumps form.
- If polenta seems thick, add a bit more stock. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Lastly stir in cheese and dijon and taste for seasoning.
- Serve with mushrooms.
- Optional: Add some chopped parsley, chives, or toasted Pinenuts