Morrocan Spiced Carrots with Honey & Lemon
First, cut your carrots in quarters lengthwise, or just in half if they are smaller. Place on a baking tray and heat the oven to 220C. Next mix your cumin, ras el hanout, cayenne, turmeric, and salt in a small bowl. Sprinkle over the carrots and add your olive oil. Use your hands to coat all the carrots with the spice/olive oil mix:
Place in the oven and cook for about 20-25 minutes or until tender and golden. While the carrots are cooking, mix your honey and lemon juice/zest. Also, toast your pinenuts in a small pan.
When the carrots are done, toss with honey and lemon, and add the pinenuts at the end. These carrots are no sissies, they do have a lot of flavour going on, so I suggest serving them with something pretty plain such a couscous and roast chicken or lamb. Enjoy!
Here’s the Recipe:
Moroccan Spiced Carrots with Honey & Lemon
Yield: Serves 3-4 as a side
- 5-7 Large Carrots, quartered
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin, Ras El Hanout, Cayenne, Salt
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 2 Tbl Olive Oil
- 3 Tbl Pinenuts, toasted
- 1 Lemon, Juiced and zested
- 2 Tbl Honey
- Cut your carrots in quarters lengthwise, or half if they are smaller. Place on baking tray.
- Heat oven to 220C. Mix spices and salt together and sprinkle over carrots.
- Add olive oil and toss to coat(you could do this in a separate bowl if you want).
- Roast carrots for 15-20 minutes or until tender and golden.
- While carrots are cooking, zest and juice your lemon, and mix with honey. Toast pinenuts.
- When carrots are done, remove to a bowl and mix with lemon and honey, and lastly add pinenuts.