First dice your veggies( I’m using red pepper/capsicum, mushrooms, zucchini,and leeks). Throw everything in the pan together since they all need to cook down quite a bit. I have it on medium high since the mushrooms and zucchini especially have a lot of water, and you want to get some good color on the veggies. Once cooked, set aside to let cool a bit.
Preheat your oven to 180C. Add pastry to a cake or tart pan and blind bake for a few minutes until it just starts to become golden. Whisk your eggs with some lite cream, salt and pepper and then add your veggies. Add mixture to your pastry(I’m using short crust pastry-storebought, in a 9 inch pie pan).
And thats it! Enjoy:)
Here’s the Recipe:
- 1 Zucchini
- 1/2 Red Pepper/Capsicum
- 5 Button mushrooms
- 1 Leek
- 4 Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Light Cream
- Parmesan & Pepper to taste.
- Dice all veggies, and add to a medium high pan with some olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sautee for 5-7 minutes or until veggies are browned and soft. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk eggs with cream, then add parmesan and black pepper. Add cooled veggies.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Add short crust pastry to a round cake or tart pan.
- Blind bake for several minutes.When pastry is light golden, remove from oven.
- Add egg mixture to pan and top with more parmesan, then place in oven.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes or until golden and puffy. Let cool then slice into wedges.
- Serve warm or room temperature.