My Favourite Potato Salad
First, halve your potatoes and steam or boil until fork tender. While the potatoes are cooking, make the dressing. Whisk olive oil, grainy mustard, dijon mustard, mayo, salt and pepper.
If you taste it right away it will have quite a sharp flavour, but as the potatoes cool and start to absorb the vinagraitte, the flavours will mellow and really come together.
Mustard Vinaigrette & Herb Potato Salad
- 10-15 Small Waxy red or white potatoes
- 3-4 Spring Onions
- 3-4Tbl Olive Oil
- 2 Heaping Tbl Grainy Mustard
- 1Tbl Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp Fresh Dill, chopped
- 2 tsp Chives, chopped
- 1 tsp Mayo(optional)
- 1 1/2 tsps Salt and Pepper
- Halve and cook potatoes then drain. Chop herbs.
- Mix mustards, olive oil, salt and pepper, and mayo in a medium bowl.
- Add cooked potatoes, then add herbs and mix carefully together. Let cool to room temperature
- Serves 4