10 Chicken Wings a Day Keep the Doctor Away
First marinate the wings in your favourite spice blend(I used paprika, cumin, onion powder and garlic powder) and leave overnight in the fridge.
Next, preheat the oven to 200C, and place the wings on a foil lined tray in one layer. Bake for about 45 minutes or until golden and crispy. Basically you just want to cook out some of the fat, and get the wings nice and crispy.
While your wings are cooking (or ahead of time) make your barbecue sauce. Mix the sauce with about 2 tablespoons of melted butter.
Add the wings to a medium bowl, then add the sauce and stir like crazy until its all nice and gooey. Replace the foil on your tray with some clean foil, then add the wings and put back in the oven on 225C for about 10 minutes, and thats it!
Barbecue Chicken Wings
- 20-30 Chicken Wings
- 1/4 Cup Homemade Barbecue Sauce(or your favourite prepared sauce)
- 2 Tbl Melted Butter
- 3 Tbl Mixed spices(paprika, cumin, cayenne, onion powder, garlic powder etc)
- Marinate the wings over night in the spice mix.
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 180C and place the wings on a foil lined tray.
- Bake until golden and crispy, about 30-45 minutes. Make barbecue sauce.
- Mix barbecue sauce with butter and add to a medium bowl. Add wings and toss until coated.
- Replace foil on tray with clean foil. Turn oven up to 225C and add wings back to tray.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until sauce is slightly caramalised.