I’m sure you can tell by now I like making soup. Its easy to make, it makes a lot, and it freezes well…what more do you want, especially when you have a large family or are feeding a crowd. So, here’s a soup using my chicken confit
. It is mellow but really flavourful, and I know you’ll love it.
First, dice carrot and onion and place in a heavy bottomed pan with a little oil(not too much since the chicken will add more oil). Saute until soft, then add chicken, thyme, tarragon and beans(I used cannelini).
Next add stock, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and bring to a simmer. Add your quinoa and stir, then let simmer for about 20-30 minutes, or just until quinoa is done(but it won’t hurt it to keep simmering).
Just make sure you stir pretty frequently after adding the quinoa to make sure it doesnt stick to the bottom. Serve with some nice, crusty homemade bread.
Here’s the Recipe:
Chicken & White Bean Soup
- 1 1/2 to 2 Cups Chicken Confit(or any chicken, precooked and shredded)
- 2 cans Cannelini Beans
- 3-4 Cups Vegetable or Chicken Stock
- 1/4 Cup Quinoa
- 1 Carrot, diced
- 1 small Onion
- 3 Sprigs Thyme
- 1 tsp Fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 2-3 tsp Black Pepper
- salt, pepper, additional stock as needed.
- Dice carrot and onion, and saute until soft in olive oil.
- Add thyme, tarragon, chicken and cook for a couple minutes. Next add beans and stock.
- Add cayenne and black pepper. Bring to a simmer then add quinoa.
- Cook for about 20 minutes(covered) or until quinoa is cooked.