It’s also something fun to do with the kids. First, you need to make the dough. Just mix flour, warm water, salt, yeast and olive oil…
Then knead until you have a nice elastic ball of dough, then place in a bowl and let rise for about an hour.
I also added some chopped thyme and rosemary right into the dough.
When its done rising, cut into 2 peices(or however many pizzas you will want), we made 2 fairly large size pizzas with this amount.
And here’s Craigy’s:
You want to cook these either on a pizza stone, or on trays that are oiled/covered in semolina, otherwise you will get pizza stickage and you will be really mad.
Bake in the hottest oven you can for about 10 minutes or until the crust is cooked and golden.
Here’s some leftover…yum!!!
Here’s The(dough) Recipe:
Homemade Pizza Dough
- 3 Cups Bread Flour
- 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 Cups Warm Water
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 package instant yeast
- 2 Tbl Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- Optional: Chopped fresh herbs such as thyme, rosemary or oregano
- Mix yeast with water and sugar and let proof for a couple of minutes.
- Mix water and yeast with the remaining ingredients, and knead for a few minutes.
- When you have a smooth dough, place in a lightly oiled bowl and let rise for about an hour.
- Cut into 2 pieces(or however many pizzas you want) and roll out as thin as possible.
- Place on an oiled tray covered with semolina.
- Add pizza sauce and toppings and cook in a very hot(at least 225C) for 7-12 minutes.