Barramundi Fish Tacos
First, take your fish and cut into bite size peices, maybe 1/2 inch by 2 inches. Sprinkle with some cumin and mexican chili powder and leave in the fridge for a few hours or even over night.
Next, thinly slice a red onion, and add to pickling liquid(water, cider vinegar,and sugar) and also leave for a few hours or overnight.
When you’re ready to make the tacos, heat a pan to medium, and add some olive oil. Season fish with some salt and pepper and lemon juice and add to pan. Cook on all sides until done, about 7 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish.
Next, heat some small tortillas in the microwave or oven(cover in a towel and add a sprinkle of water). Add fish to tacos and garnish with some pickled onion, avocado, and thinly sliced cabbage…
- 500g Barramundi or other white fish fillets
- 1/2 Red Onion, Thinly sliced
- 1 Avocado
- Small tortillas(flour or corn)
- 1/2 Cup Green or red cabbage, thinly sliced
- Optional: Cheese, salsa/pico
- 2tsp Cumin
- 1tsp Mexican chili powder
- 1/4 Cup Cider vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 2Tbl Sugar
- Marinade fish in cumin and chili powder for at least a few hours or over night.
- For pickled onion, add equal parts water, vinegar, and half again as much sugar.
- Cook fish on medium high heat for about 7 minutes until cooked through.
- Heat tortillas. Thinly slice your cabbage.
- Add fish to tortillas and then add avocado, cabbage and onions.