Beef and Mushroom Pot Pies
First dice onion, carrot, and precooked beef(leftover roast will do). Saute veggies in some olive oil. Add some fresh thyme and mushrooms and saute on low until soft, about 10 minutes. At the end add the beef just to marry the flavours together. Remove everything to a bowl.
Right about now you should preheat your oven too
Next, add flour and butter to your pan to make a roux, whisking to combine.
Get some frozen puff pastry and cut into the shape of the dishes you will use. You can make little individual pies or a bigger one to divide between everyone. Make sure you use a downward cut or scissors to cut the pastry otherwise it won’t puff properly.
Add sauce to veggie and meat mix, then divide into dishes and cover with puff pastry. Cook in a 180C oven until the puff pastry is puffed and golden.
Enjoy! Here’s The Recipe:
Beef & Mushrooms Pot Pies
- 1 Carrot, diced
- 1/2 Onion, diced
- 1 1/2 Cups Chopped Beef, Precooked
- 1 Cup Mushrooms, chopped
- 2Tbl Butter
- 2Tbl Flour
- 2 Cups Beef Stock
- 2tsp Fresh Thyme
- Saute onion & carrot in a medium high pan. Add mushrooms and saute until golden.
- Add beef at the last minute just to warm through.
- Remove to a bowl, and add butter and flour to the pan to make roux.
- Add stock and whisk until sauce thickens.
- Add sauce to beef and veggie mix and then scoop into individual ramekins.
- Cut puff pastry and cover the top of each pie. Bake in a 180C oven until golden and puffed.