Baby Pea Dumplings with Sweet Soy and Watercress
First, heat a small saucepan to medium low and add peas(can be frozen) and a bit of olive oil and a clove of garlic.
Heat through for a few minutes,then remove the garlic clove and puree the rest in a blender.
Add the pea mix to some fresh ricotta, and taste it for seasoning.
Take the same pan as was used for the peas, and add some soy and sugar and place on very low heat until its reduced to a syrup like consistency.
Next, carefully place about a teaspoon of the mix into your wonton skin, and fold over. Seal the edges with a bit of water, and make sure you get all the air out. You can seal the edges with a fork as well.
When they are all done, steam a few at a time. Take some watercress and chop it up just a bit, then place the dumplings on top. Then add the soy “syrup” to the top and add some thinly slice green onion(spring onion).
Ta dah! All your friends will thank you:)
Here’s the Recipe:
Baby Pea Dumpling with Sweet Soy and Watercress
- 3/4C Peas(fresh or frozen)
- 3Tbl Ricotta
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 bunch Watercress
- 3Tbl Soy
- 1Tbl Brown sugar
- 2-3 Spring Onions(green onions) sliced
- 20 Wonton Skins
- 2Tbl Olive Oil
- Place peas in pan with olive oil and garlic until heated through.
- Remove the garlic clove and add peas to blender until smooth.
- Use the same pan, and add soy and sugar on low heat to reduce to a syrupy consistency.
- Mix with ricotta, taste for seasoning.
- Fill each wonton with about a tsp of the mix and carefully fold over to seal.
- Gently steam(or boil) the dumplings in batches.
- Chop up your watercress and spread onto platter.
- As dumpling are finished, add to platter, then drizzle with soy glaze and add the spring onions.
3/4 C peas
3 tbl ricotta
20 wontn skins