Macadamia and Panko Crusted Fish
Put Macadamias in blender and blend until ground. Don’t go too long or you’ll have macadamia butter! Then remove and add to panko. Season however you’d like (I just added some salt and pepper). Take the eggs, put in a separate bowl and whisk just to break them up. Then, its assembly line time…pat the fish dry, then lightly dust in flour. Then, dunk into eggs to coat, then breadcrumb mixture. Now try to use only one hand in each mixture, but honestly I never get this right, and you’ll probably just have gunky hands, but ohh well! Place on tray while you are doing the rest of the fillets.
Meanwhile, if you have a stove like mine, you will want to heat the pan ahead of time because it takes forrrever, just make sure your pan and oil are on about medium(you wanna hear that sizzle, otherwise your fish is just soaking up the oil). Cook for 5-6 minutes , or until golden brown, on each side, depending on the thickness of the fillets. The fish is done when it is slightly firm but easily flakes apart with a fork.
Macadamia & Panko Crusted Fish
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 3-4 Fillets Pink Ling(or other Cod)
- 1/4 Cup Toasted Macadamias
- 3/4 Cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2 Eggs
- Grapeseed Oil(for cooking)
- 1. Blend Macadamias so they are finely crushed
- 2. Mix with Panko and season with Salt and Pepper. Put Eggs in separate bowl.
- 3. Dust the fish with flour, then coat in egg mixture, and then breadcrumbs
- 4. Turn pan onto medium-high and add oil
- 5. Cook fish for about 5 minutes on each side, depending on thickness.